The Heat Advisory Alert from 8:00 am 9/5 through 9:00 pm 9/6
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Watch for Labor Day Weekend as temperatures for interior locations will be in the upper 90s and into the 100s. This heat advisory is set for this weekend, Saturday 8:00am through Sunday 9:00pm. High pressure builds over the Bay Area and Central Coast through the week, making it hot and dry, increasing the risk for wildfires.
Here are a few tips to be prepared:
- Ensure that all dead or dying grass, plants, shrubs, trees, branches, leaves, weeds and pine needles are removed within 30 feet of all structures or to the property line.
- Practice safe grilling techniques and place the grill well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Limit outdoor strenuous activities during the hottest time of the day.
- Don't not leave kids or pets in vehicles.
- Stay in air conditioned areas.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Extra care for seniors, pets, vegetation, and livestock.
- When at the coast beware of rip currents.
For more information on community safety, visit: Safety Education Website