The Marin County Training Officers Present Calm the Chaos! Mastering Fireground Command 2-Day Simulator & Hands-On Workshop
Today’s fireground should be a calm and orchestrated event, but often it is not! The NIOSH top 5 line of duty death operational causes on the fireground surround size up, command, communications, accountability and SOP's.
Participate in simulations and hands-on drills for house fires, garden/center hall apartments, commercial fire incidents and review actual inside-the-command-post incident video and audio to get answers to the following questions...
- How do I set clear tactical objectives, have clear communications and establish command presence on my fires?
- How do I create a personal system that blends all of my classes, certifications, SOP’s, ICS, and tactical fundamentals into a simple, street-smart and effective way?
- What’s the difference between size ups and arrival reports and how do I become better at both?
- What are the trigger points and safety issues of Offensive, Defensive and Combination strategies?
- What are the key points to Rescue, Exposures, Confinement, Extinguishment, Overhaul, Ventilation and Salvage?
- What is the real difference between RECEO-VS and SLICE-RS?
- How do I really use ICS day-to-day and get beyond "checking the boxes"?
- How do we get SOP’s/SOG’s working in my department?
- When do we call an audible on the SOP’s?
- What could hurt me or my crew tonight?
- What do changes in construction and fire behavior mean to modern-day tactics and command?
- What are the implications of the latest NIST and UL studies regarding flow path?