The Southern Marin Fire Protection District has the following position open:
Fire Inspector - Wildfire Mitigation Specialist
PART-TIME 20 HRS / FULL-TIME 40 HOURS PER WEEK (NON-SAFETY)
Southern Marin Fire Protection District is recruiting to fill the position of Fire Inspector - Wildfire Mitigation Specialist in the Fire Prevention Division. This will be a two year contract position.
This position performs a variety of fire prevention duties including but not limited to:
- Analyze structure ignition potential in the wildland/urban interface using a science-based approach
- Identify appropriate construction materials, material ratings, and techniques for the wildland/urban interface
- Determine the hazard, risk, and values-at-risk rating, for a wildland/urban interface jurisdictional area
- Make mitigation recommendations based on wildland fire behavior
- Identify appropriate construction methods and materials to reduce the risk of structure ignition in the wildland/urban interface area
- Accurately assess the potential for structure ignitions in wildland/urban interface fire, using scientifically based analysis
- Assist with development of written, and audio-visual materials, on the wildland/urban interface fire environment and mitigation techniques
- Interpret and enforce provisions of California Fire Codes and fire safety laws and standards and ordinances
- Must possess valid CA driver’s license (Class C)
- Business letter writing and basic report preparation
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- Strong communication skills
- Some understanding of wildfire science and firefighting terminology is highly encouraged
- A Wildfire Mitigation Specialist may work in a noisy environment, with uneven pavement, floors or dirt hillsides. During your job, you may be required to run, walk, crawl, climb, stoop or lift objects. You may be required to work in inclement weather conditions.
- The Fire District will provide a vehicle for fire inspections and other job-related duties.
Full Time/40 hours per week: Pay: $7200/month ($41.54/hr)
See Job Description below for benefits provided
Part Time/20 hours per week: Pay: $3323/month ($41.54/hour)
Must pass a live scan and background check which will include a drug test.
Please fill out our 2021 SMFD General Job Application below and send along with your resume to Liza Andre, Human Resources Manager (email@example.com)
This posting will close 5pm on 4/25/21
We appreciate your interest in the Southern Marin Fire Protection District. Please follow us on social media and check back here often for updates.